Saturday, May 2, 2009

This Week on Hebrews

Alan Knox continues to post on the theology of encouragement in Hebrews in his post, Encouragement as Trajectory in Hebrews. He argues that Hebrews has both a negative trajectory (encouraging his readers to move away from something) and a positive trajectory (encouraging them to move towards something). He continues with another post on Mutual Encouragement and Admonition in Hebrews 10:24-25.

Jason Whitlark, a current colleague of mine at Baylor, reviews a book by Kenneth Schenck, a former colleague of mine from my Asbury Seminary days. :-) Ken's book, based on his doctoral dissertation at Durham, is entitled Cosmology and Eschatology in Hebrews: The Setting of the Sacrifice.

2 comments:

  1. You are a gift to people researching Hebrews. They should pay you for doing this.

    Have you mentioned the little piece in the current issue of JBL yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ken. Of course, if anyone wants to pay me for this, I am more than willing, or better yet, offer me a full-time job. :-)

    Thanks for pointing out the article (I am printing it out even as I type). I wasn't aware that the new journal was out. I should probably do a posting once a quarter on new journal articles that appear, and maybe I will do that once I have finished up my end-of-the-semester teaching responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete