Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Rare Find On Ebay

Yesterday I had a nice little package awaiting me in my mail box when I got home: It is a book entitled, The Epistle to the Hebrews; Being the Substance of Three Lectures Delivered in the Chapel of the Honourable Society of Lincoln's Inn, on the Foundation of Bishop Warburton. With a Preface Containing A Review of Mr. Newman's Theory of Development by Frederick Denison Maurice, who was chaplain of Guy's Hospital, and one of the Professors of Divinity in King's College, London. It is a rare book dating from 1846. The book shows considerable wear on the exterior and the covers are loose enough that they could probably come off with a good yank, but the interior is still remarkably intact. The book is a little unusual: the preface, being 124 pages, is longer than the main contents of the book--the three lectures--which only comes to 96 pages! I found the book on ebay and only paid $2.50 plus shipping. Quite a steal, in my estimation, for such a rare book!

No comments:

Post a Comment